Friday, October 31, 2008

A Winter Wonderland

A winter wonderland, that's what my dad called the outside when he phoned me the other day. But, here it has only been snowing a little bit. Apparently the whole of northern New York is covered in a thick blanket of snow. So basically they are trudging through it while I sit down here in the southern tier with a light dusting that will no doubt melt before the day is out.

My relationship with snow is an interesting one. When it first snows, I love it. The snow is something foreign and therefore interesting. However, after about a month of snow I grow tired of it. All of the luster wears off and I begin to become sick of seeing white everywhere. Now, don't take me for a racist. I just like to see greens and all the other shades of nature. I also become tired of the early nights and late mornings.

Also, this will be my first time driving in the winter and I am not looking forward to it. I am going to have to get some salt and sand for the back of my car, as well as a snow shovel and a blanket. Am I missing anything? Well, you can tell me if I am. Maybe a thermos filled with hot soup, or hot chocolate.

No comments:

Search This Blog