Monday, October 27, 2008

Random Bablings

I am so excited to be going home. In the words of my girlfriend "you really have no idea." It is less than a month until I make my exodus, and I couldn't be more excited. It is kind of funny, I wonder how excited I will be when it is two weeks to go. Just thinking about that gets me all riled up. The thought that in two weeks there will only be two weeks left for me here, wow.

Have you ever had a favorite place in the whole world? Well, I have two. For me those places are my home in Massena and my school at Clarkson. And when I get get to my favorite place, I am going to have a whole month to relax after six months away. It is hard to believe that it has been six months. It seems like forever and it also seems like I just got here. It is a strange paradox.

I think that the only thing I will miss, when I am gone, is the steady good pay and the independence of living in my own place. However, the company of my family and a job at the university library will be more than enough to suffice for what I am giving up.

I am stuck in a strange dichotomy. Every time I think about how close I am to going home I become happy. However, after that I think about how much time is actually between me and my goal and I become disheartened. I guess I will focus on now until the now becomes then. But, it's not like I'm going emo or anything. Life is still pretty good even though I have to stick around this here.

Cherri-o ol' chaps...

No comments:

Search This Blog