Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Loophole

So, it is a requirement of my fraternity to have at least 12 to 16 hours of community service per semester, and I hate doing it. It's not that I don't like helping out those in need. Its just that I don't want to have to go outside and ring a bell, or knock on doors, or clean, or any of that boring stuff. So, in response to my need for hours and begrudging attitude toward doing it, I have come up with a solution.

I will hold a benefit dinner at my dorm, next semester. All donations collected will be given to the red cross, via a check from my account. It will be by invitation only and I will cook. The best part of it is, I can include cooking for me and my friends and cleaning my apartment as a part of the benefit and therefore part of my community service! It will not be anything fancy. In fact, the point of this thing is to only raise a few bucks while having dinner with my friends and spending my service hours in my apartment, instead of doing real work. I am going to talk to our community service chairperson about this before I do it. But, I am confident that I can do it. After all, I will be raising money for a good cause and there is nothing in the by-laws against it. Even if I raise one dollar, I still will have spent hours cooking, cleaning, eating, and making a very impromptu speech.

I found a loop-hole in our constitution and I am going to use it...

No comments:

Search This Blog