Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What would your choice be?

Let's say for a moment that we live in the X-men universe and everyone is about to take an evolutionary step forward. However, you get to choose what your new power will be. It can be anything within the comic-book universe plethora of powers and you get to be specific down to the very last detail. Oh, and lets include for the sake of argument that everyone is going to use their power for good and you can use your powers in your every day life.

Now that we have set up that you are going to receive a super-power/mutation, what would you want yours to be? I know what I would want mine to be. I would want the power of flight. I would want the exact same kind of flight that superman has. I of course would need goggles so I could see at high speeds, and a body that could resist the g-force of ultra high speed flight; but superman flight it is. He can levitate, flight very quickly, he has ultimate control over his in flight movement, along with so many other great things.



I can just imagine what it would be like. I just got done with work and step outside. I put on a trench-like coat to keep me warm and some goggles so I can see. Then with a burst of power unlike anyone else's ability I jump up into the air and soar north. I gather speed and height as the houses and highways begin to zoom by. I hold onto my pocket watch and compass as everything around me blurs together as I approach the speed of sound, but do not cross it. Minutes later I begin to slow down as home comes into view. After a safe speed is reached I begin to descend doing lazy circles around my house until my feet hit the ground and I walk through the door to see my super strong dad and my mother with her amazing healing powers, if that is what they choose.

No comments:

Search This Blog