Thursday, October 2, 2008

Capsule Game Review: Canyon Defense

There comes a point in the day where all you want to do is just sit down and relax. Like many others, I usually spend this time playing a fun computer game. Now, I am not a huge fan of paying exorbitant fees to do it. Nor, am I a fan of spending a half of an hour loading software. So what do I do to both satisfy my need for a fun computer game, and not spend a long time loading it? Well, I just mosey on over to Miniclip.com and play one of their more sophisticated flash games.

Among my favorites is a game called Canyon Defense. As the name suggests there is a canyon and you have to defend it, but it is much more fun then the name suggests. As enemies drive through the canyon weapons systems you have set up along the ridges fire upon them in an attempt to destroy them. If they make it through, you loose a point. After loosing ten points the game is over. What makes this game special, is that the weapons are all automated. This means that you hit start and watch them destroy the enemy. It is a great mix of strategy and passive entertainment.

As you destroy more enemies, you receive more reward, allowing you to build more weapons and more sophisticated systems. And, as the game progresses you become able to build manufacturing plants and nuclear silos that aid you in your quest to destroy the enemy that continually become more difficult to kill with the passage of each battle. While it may only take up to a half-an-hour to play through, the beauty of this game is that you can set the game to it's most difficult mode and go through it a couple of times; still enjoying the second and third time as much as the first. This is a great game overall, and I will be making it available on my blog soon. If you want to play it, you can go to Miniclip.com or scroll down to the bottom of the blog; where I will be putting it soon.

1 comment:

T.G. said...

Canyon Defense is massive win. Not as good as versions where you actually have to make the maze out of the towers.

mmm, if I worked in a cube world I think Id be tempted to block off paths to make my own canyon and then proceed to throw things at random work colleagues.

Search This Blog