Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Work

My job has finally begun!

And now I get to go through the relentless monotony of Orientation. They made me and three other new hires sit in this little room and watch videos and presentations on every kind of useless knowledge ranging from how to safely operate a fork lift to chemical safety (I'M IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING!) to sexual harassment.



After the two days of orientation were over I actually got to go out into the office and labs to do some work, even though I had to have someone open the doors for me because I don't have the clearance yet (its supposedly "in the works").

Anyways I got to work on part of a laser controller that will better allow forklifts to not injure people or property by making it extremely easy to line up the forks. I drew up the truth tables for all of the part we were looking at, and if the parts come in soon I will be building it, testing it, and reporting any errors. We were worried about a possible race condition involved in inputing two logical highs to a quad R-S latch.

Sorry for not updating earlier. After moving in and completing training I have mostly been watching television and running in my free time. However, I will be exploring the surrounding cities on Saturday. Once I get a feel for how to get back and forth I will be able to spend an afternoon in Binghamton, Johnson City, or Norwich. Very exciting I am sure.

I have planned on visiting Ashli not this weekend but the one after, once I get paid. I was also hoping to make a trip up to my home in Massena the weekend after to see family. Other than that I have no real plans other than saving money. Anyways...

I will definitely update tomorrow...

No comments:

Search This Blog