Monday, April 7, 2008

Driver's test

Yes, its true....

I'm twenty and still have a driver's permit. In my defense it was initially difficult to help the DMV understand that yes I am an american and yes I was born in canada. Since I only recently acquired a car I never needed a license until now. The test is on wensday in Massena at 2pm. I've been practicing my parallel parking and dad says I am pretty efficient at it. I'm going to practice once more the day before the test(tomorrow) just for good measure. I've read the booklet over to make sure the things I've been doing on the road for the last 3 years are correct, and have also been asking everyone I know for tips; some of them were pretty useful. If you have any tips be sure to leave a comment as long as it is before wensday. I will most assuredly be posting the full story of what went on and my respective success or failures after wensday.

I just hope I don't make any newbie errors. Like,... like when you pull up to the light next to a cop you have to rev your engine twice to signify you want to drag race, not once. Oh, and you have to make sure to remember that you always have the right of way and that everyone else has to move. Traffic lights and signs are suggestions, passengers have to jump out of the way, and never check your blind spots (its a sign of weakness). Ha, sometimes I really crack myself up. All things considered

Still a little nervous...

3 comments:

Catnapsch said...

You'll do fantastic, I know it.
Just don't worry when you get in the car, be alert and cautious, but not stressed.

[=

Jay the Despicable said...

If the instructor questions anything you do, immediately question the sufficiency of the road markings and signage. Complain loudly that the noise in the city is far more than anybody under these stressful conditions should have to endure. Finally, play the age card on him: "Look, I have been doing this for years now, if I don't get my license I'll be a hollowed out laughing stock to everybody who knows me."

Works every time™

Matthewzor said...

oh jay you crack me up

Search This Blog