Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hair Cuts, Apartments, and Job Searching

It is tuesday morning, 9:08am, and I am entering my last day of studying. I will not bother you with tales of my stress and challenges. Instead I will tell you what has changed in my life since I last blogged.

To start things off, I got a hair cut, as depicted in the image below. If you look at my last post there is a picture of me looking stresed and you can see just how long my hair got. The problem wasn't just that it was long, it was the fact that it was long and it happens to be really thick. Like a little above average quick. Which I am perfectly happy to have. I regard my hair as one of my best features. However, you wouldn't know that I was my father's son by the mop top I was sporting as of yesturday evening(my father is bald). To make a long story short, I asked my roomate to cut it and he said "sure but I only have beared trimming length guards for my shears," to which I replied "Whatever, just cut it." And so that is the tale of my hair cut.



I also aquired a sweet living situation for next school year. I looked online at a bunch of advertisements for apartments and discovered that there were some apartments on market street above Norther Music and Video. When I called the guy said that the one bedrooms would more than likely be taken and that there would only be more expensive two bedroom apartments. I decided to inquire anyway, seeing as I don't want to be homeless. When I showed up he said that I was in luck and that there was a one bedroom apartment left. I saw it and fell in love with it. It is essentially a big studio with a bedroom, but that is fine with me. It is the perfect location for me and it is just the right size. So, now all I have to do is get the money to pay for this place which brings me to my next and final topic.

On this friday after finals I will be canvassing Potsdam and Massena for steady work. I will be printing out like 50 resumes in the ECE lab(were I can get it done for free) and then I will be hitting the streets. My plan is "spray and pray" which is a military term for shooting wildly after an enemy and hoping you hit him. So, I will be putting these out in the hopes that I will get at least one call back, no matter what the work. And, I am sure that you will hear wither or not I have aquired a job. Because by now you have no doubt probably learned that I enjoy venting, both the good and the bad.

Au Revoir, Mon Amis!

No comments:

Search This Blog