Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sup dogs?

Blogging from work today.

I have been given this temperature test to perform on these circuit boards, and it takes all day. Every ten minutes I have to run out and take a reading and change the temperature in the chamber. It is tedious but it affords me many small breaks to do things like blog.

The temperature chamber itself is pretty cool. The chamber is about 2'x2'x2', but the machine is about 4'x3'x7'. It can control the temperature, inside itself to about a tenth of a degree. It does this by precisely controlling the pressure inside. As the pressure changes, so does the temperature. It's kind of like a pressure cooker, if you think about it.

Anyways, I have to do some shopping today, since I have like no food in the apartment. Other than that, work, and karate my day is pretty boring. I am however, extremely excited about visiting Potsdam the last weekend of August. It will definitely be a blast.

No comments:

Search This Blog