Monday, July 21, 2008

A Quantum of Challenge

So, Work is going pretty good. I'm working on some new stuff since I finished the test box. Right now I'm doing some testing for one of our engineers. I have resigned myself to the idea that I will never really get a project here at Raymond Corp. I more than likely will continue doing the things I have been doing for the last two months, for the rest of my time here. These duties consist of testing, a bit of research, and whatever tasks the engineers need completed to make their lives simpler. While the job is easy and the duties are quick to complete(usually a couple of hours up to a day) I am left feeling unsatisfied. I was really hoping for a project that I could do on my own, and take my own way. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I wanted a challenge; something to push me to the edge of my knowledge and perhaps over.

I have gained some good knowledge from working here though. I have severely sharpened both my soldering and schematic reading skills. I have learned to work on my own, more. I have gained insights into the every day goings on of both an office and it's functions. I've encountered everyone on the spectrum of hard work, from those who avoid it in any way to those who embrace it and take on as much as they can handle before breaking.

Most importantly I have learned that yes, this is a job I could see myself doing in 10, 20, maybe even 30 years from now.

And yes I did steal the title from the latest Bond flick... bite me

No comments:

Search This Blog