Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mr. Toyoda Himself

So a few days ago Raymond Corp. recieved an inspection from it's parent, owner, corporation; Toyota Industries. And, Raymond had a special guest coming along for the inspection. As the preview and title suggest, Mr. Toyoda the president and CEO of all of Toyota Industries was in Greene Ny a few days ago. Now I know that his name has a D in it and not a T but apparently thats how it is supposed to be. In any case I did not know about him coming until the day of his arrival. In fact, I sort of disregarded the idea that he would be here until I walked out into one of the company corridors and saw a huge group of short Asian men, all huddled around an older guy in the center. He dd not make eye contact with me, but I did get a good look at his face, which gave me the impression that he was tired after traveling from Tokyo to Greene, understandably.



I followed their group around for like a minute just to make sure I had seen what I thought I had. Now this may not seem glamorous to some, but at least I had the opportunity to be within feet of one of the richest men in the whole world.

Pretty F'ing cool

No comments:

Search This Blog