Monday, September 29, 2008

A Spontaneous Weekend

Friday, I was ending my shift at work and was contemplating what I should do to entertain myself this weekend. While mulling several options over in my head, one stood out among the pack. I could go and visit my girfriend for the third weekend in a row, or I could sit at home and watch TV all weekend only going out to Walmart to buy things I don't need. A dilemma arose.

After deciding that the latter was lame, I thought about wither or not I could afford to make the trip. "Well," I thought to myself "If I only spend money on gas I can do it." And so the adventure began. I called her up after work and we discussed it, and we both became excited about the visit.



The weekend itself was great fun. We even went out to one of her friend's apartment where he was cooking traditional Chinese dumplings. As the weekend showed itself, again, to be too short, I made my way back to Greene. The roads were treacherous and blinding tractor trailer trucks did nothing to help. Never the less, I made my way home and here I sit writing to you, on a break from work.

No comments:

Search This Blog