Thursday, September 25, 2008

4 Minutes

Well I did it again, I over slept. I woke up at 8:10am when I was supposed to be up at 7:00am. And to make it all the more worse, I had a meeting scheduled for 8:00am. Now you can imagine the amount of panic that coursed through my body as I shot upright in bed as if electricity had hit me. After an initial wave of panic, I spent about a second thinking and decided that I had two options. I could call in and say that I would be late coming in and miss the meeting, or I could rush and try to make it in on time.

The race against time had begun.



I had neglected to set out my clothes the night before so I ran around my apartment looking for something that I had not already worn, that was clean, and that was easy to iron. I did everything I usually do in morning routine, but at break neck speed. In a moment of genius I thought "combine tasks," so I brushed my teeth while combing my hair. I went to the john while shaving, and the list goes on.

Just as the title suggests, I completed this all in a mere four minutes. The hilarious part of this situation is that after I ran to my car, sped to work, ran into the building and calmed myself as I neared the meeting room; I noticed that it was dark and empty. After further inspection of my email, I discovered that it had been canceled. What a relief. To top it all off, after I arrived; my boss hadn't even come in yet.


In any case, I have set a new record and defy you to challenge me.

No comments:

Search This Blog