Wednesday, February 17, 2010

5/50

Clarkson University has a semesterly career fair. This year was one of the worst for company participation in a long time. There were only 60ish employers there, and not all of them were looking to fill open slots. This may seem like a bunch of companies, but these 60 odd employers were there to cover every Clarkson major. There are more than three schools at Clarkson. The school of business, engineering, science and more. Within each are an almost incalculable amount of majors.

Long story short I did not have much luck. So I have to search for a job on my lonesome, unlike my classmates from a few years ago that were getting multiple offers. So, my plan is likened to carpet bombing. I am going to apply to 50 companies. And, I'm going to give it up to five months after graduation. If after five months, I do not have a job, I will enlist and attempt to become an engineer through military means. This is because after six months of post graduate life I have to start paying back my loans, and I will not be caught without a job. And so far, I've applied to five places other than the ones at the career fair.

Oh me oh my...

No comments:

Search This Blog