Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ashli the Brave

So, Ashli is going on spring break just as I am coming off of mine. It really sucks because I was hoping to get some alone time with her, and maybe take a small trip. Unfortunately, life is not so kind. As a result she decided to visit her friend in Rochester and stay for a week. And, lets just say that this was a big deal to her family.

Without being too rude, Ashli lives with her control freak/bipolar grandmother who is a major negative influence on all those around her. I dislike her so much that one time when she asked me for my phone number I replied, "Sorry, I don't give it out." If you met the woman you would understand. Now, I believe that Ashli has become a strong individual as a result. She has lived under the thumb of her grandmother and is making herself into an independent woman with great career potential(all on her own). However, it can be really stressful to make those natural leaps on independence when someone who says they love you is trying to hold you back.

I think Ashli deserves a pat on the back for finally showing her grandmother that she cannot be bossed around like a small child and that she is free to do whatever her adult heart desires(legally).











I was sad to see her go, but I'm not one of those boyfriends who is so attached that he can't spend a couple of days alone.

Au Revoir

1 comment:

Catnapsch said...

I love you babe. <3

You summed all that up pretty well. You're sweet and I'm having a good time. [=

Search This Blog