Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blood, The Planets, and a Punk

I figure I better put at least one post up before friday, or else it will seem as if this is closer to a battlestar galactica blog and less like a my life blog.

So, this week has been odd in its own ways. To begin with on Tuesday my fraternity and a local sorority ran a blood drive and I ended up giving blood. This was probably not the best idea because I was tired already and even though I pigged out on Capri Sun's and Teddy Graham's afterward, I was still feeling kinda drained. But hey, I could have saved up to three lives, or at least thats what they told me. Two more times and I will have given a gallon, and you get those special pins for giving a gallon.

I also went to a concert at Crane School of Music that Ashli was playing in. They played Bach's The Planets and it was very good. My favorite was Jupiter, the bringer of jollity. After the orchestra finished Ashli grabbed me and we headed back to the area were the musicians put there instruments away before leaving, which was kinda cool because I got to see them a little better while back there.

However, while back there this guy Ashli knows, and dislikes, came up behind her and gave her a hard poke as he walked by her. She called him over and kicked him in the shin and he went away limping and moaning. I thought it was over until he came up behind me and I accidentally stepped in his way. He replied with "oh thats not fair!" then realizing what he was trying to do I stepped into the only open path between him and Ashli. "oh thats not fair!" he said again with more intensity as the little guy grabbed my arms from behind and put his foot in front of mine as if to trip me. I held on to him so I would not fall and he loosened his grip. I turned around and grabbed him the same way and pushed him back down the hall. He got in this dumb psuedo-fighting position and I pointed at him and said with force "get out of here!" Later that night he came up to Ashli and I with his tail between his legs and apologized. We told him that he was wrong and that if he did it again there would be serious consequences for his face.





I went home that night, alone, and just let my head hit the pillow. With all of the built up tiredness and giving of blood I didn’t wake up until 5p.m. the next day. I did get work done, however. And now I am all rested and ready to go.

Off off and awayyy…

1 comment:

Jay the Despicable said...

Aww, you pansy. You like Jupiter more than MARS THE BIRNGER OF WAR! I hereby revoke your testicles, place them in the collection bin on the way out of manhood.

Search This Blog