Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

In the spirit of keeping this blog true to it's intended purpose, I'll give you an update as to how I'm weathering finals week. So, It's 1:43pm on Wenesday the 31st and I a have about two hours before my 3:15 to 6:15 economics exam and then a 7:00 to 10:00 electromagnetic fields and waves test.

I have reached the point of no return. There is nothing I can do now to change my understanding of any of the material. If I do not know it now, I won't now it in time. With that comes a sense of relief. It's out of my hands and will soon be over. I have nothing to do now but wait and survive, and I have always survived.

This reminds me of that time two summers ago when I was on a cargo ship in the Gulf of Tobago and we heard over the wireless that there was a class four storm rolling across in, right over top of us. I was initially terrified. However, after making several course adjustments the captain turned to me and barked "We'll be fine if you don't infect the crew with that attitude of yours." He had never liked white people, but I digress. I recognized that there was nothing I could do to change what was about to happen and decided that the most logical action was to relax and enjoy the ride. Heres a picture.



Forty-eight hours later we motored into Tobago and I bought a plane ticket home. That experience is similar to finals, in that you must relax and focus if you are going to make it mentally.

While minor details of the above story are fiction the the point that I am trying to make clear is...

The year is winding down, and so is my level of stress...

1 comment:

Jay the Despicable said...

That story about entering the gulf is totally a fiction.

Search This Blog