Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Kingdom for a Cosigner

So, I have gotten most of my loans for this academic year through the government. However, I am six thousand dollars short of my housing needs. This means that I would have to commute from Massena every day if I don't get a loan. The reason I am having tremendous trouble getting this small loan is because I do not have a cosigner. Now, I know that a cosigner is a big deal. However, this is just a small six thousand dollar loan. I will have no problem paying it back.

I'm not asking for money or a handout. I cannot stress that enough. However, I just need a little help here. In my specific case, a cosigner's signature is little more than permission to get the funds I need. There is zero risk. I just need someone to sign and basically walk away. I would work four jobs before I allowed someone else to pay my way. This is so frustrating.

If you are about to go to college make sure you have a cosigner on your loans. Investigate new up front fees like origination fees. Some loans even force you to give them up to five percent of the principal back to them upon receiving the loan, as a payment. And, don't even get me started on companies requiring students to pay interest fees while still in school. I never thought I would see the day when it would be this difficult to get a measley six grand. Considering the fact that most private schools charge between 30 to 40 grand a year in tuition and other fees.


Sometimes you just gotta rant it out...

No comments:

Search This Blog