Tuesday, July 21, 2009

College Loans

So I just got back from Clarkson University Student Administrative Services where I talked to a counselor about my aid and bills for college. It turns out that when they factor in all the government aid, I'm out of the hole by over two grand. However, I still have four grand in housing, a grand for books, and more for electricity and internet since I am off campus. While being out of the hole is nice it still leaves me with the problem of how to pay the extra six grand.

Now, in the past it has hardly been an issue to stress because they would just tell us which lender to talk to and that would be pretty much it. But thanks to this wonderful recession we find ourselves in, they are not even allowed to tell us who to go to. In fact, the are legally bound to withhold that information because some universities were getting kickbacks from lenders. Thank God my University wasn't one of them.

I'm not in hot water yet. We can still go back to the our previous lenders and talk to them. But, I feel bad for all of the incoming freshmen. They must be having a very difficult time trying to find lenders. I can only imagine what it would be like trying to get loans, having never done it, and also having counselors who can't even point you in the right direction. Good luck to them, I guess that is what Yahoo Answers is for.

I'll keep you guys up to speed on this mess,
Later

No comments:

Search This Blog