Friday, July 10, 2009

Fifteen Minutes to Go

So it is 3:30pm on Friday and I am going to write a quick five minute blog here. Now, I have been working at Kinney's Drugs all summer and there are a few things I have to say about this minimum wage job of mine.

First of all I'm glad to be employed. However, this job is difficult and not for the traditional reasons. You see I can complete all of the tasks they assign me in about a half an hour, with no interruptions from customers. And unless it is a busy day I will get it all done in up to an hour and a half. Now Kinney's requires that all employee's must be working when not conversating with customers or on a break. However, when there is no work left to do and you still have to work(and you really don't want to be there) it is really hard to look like you are doing something work related. So, it becomes a waiting game where I try to appear as if I am actually functioning.

Most of the time I just "zone" the shelves making sure that everything is straight and pulled forward. But, when that is over with I have the get tricky. If my feet are tired I "zone" a bottom shelf to take the pressure off. I also some other tricks up my sleeves that I use, but before I go into any detail I must state that each of them involve actual work. So if one of my managers were to come onto this blog and figure out it was me (the odds of which are very slim) I will have you all know I am not scamming the company at all. Besides it isn't my fault if they don't have enough work for me to do. If you have any tricks you pull or interesting minimum wage stories of you own, please send them to me.

Oh man look at the time, I have less than ten minutes to get to work! That means I still have a few minutes to write before taking off five minutes before my shift starts. Hmm... is there anything else I wanted to say? Not that I can think of. So I guess I'll see ya when I see ya and sorry about the spelling mistakes.

Peace

No comments:

Search This Blog