Thursday, December 10, 2009

Good People

I'm sitting in the library right now and it's about an hour until my final exam, when I turn on my calculator just to check. And, it happens. It gives me the screen that says it is low on battery strength. This puts me in a bit of a pickle, because I need it(absolutely need it) for my exam. And, I happen to find myself without my car nearby and near nowhere that sells batteries.

So I walk into the library and ask the clerk if they have any. She says that she doubts it and I said that I would even pay for batteries out of a calculator from the lost and found. She then asked me: " when is your test?" "Noon," I replied. "Well, you can borrow mine if you want, as long as you bring it back," She stated. "Really?" I stated in disbelief. "That would be great." "Sure, here you go," she said as she handed it to me. "Here, I'll give you my student ID as a sign of good faith." I said to her in thanks. "oh ok," she said as she took the ID, as if she really didn't need it.

I looked at the calculator and noticed a name was on the front. It read Kelly.
"Is your name Kelly?" I asked. "Yes," "Well thank you Kelly, my name is Matt." we exchanged pleasantries and I went on my way.

I guess good people still do exist...

3 comments:

Mathilde said...

Ah, that's such a good thing to read when you're angry. Thanks for making my day.

lilacattack said...

I made another blog. It's about purple. O:

ababypenguin said...

You gave it back right?

=D

Search This Blog