Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Clarkson University Career Fair Returns

For about two weeks I have known that the career fair would arrive today. And, for two weeks I have become prgressively more anxious. Last night before bed I did some short reasearch on each of the 45 companies that I will be carpet bombing today, in an effort to appear more attractive than some of my peers. It wasn't a very good night's sleep.

I'm a hard worker, no one could viably argue the opposite. But, I am not a stellar student. I forget things easily, I have to work hard to motivate myself, it takes me a while to learn new concepts and I don't do well on tests. There is one thing I have on my side though. If I've learned anything in my life so far it is that I am not going to give up. It is a big, dark and scary world out there right now. And, jobs are harder to come by. But, I will not give into anxiety and Fox News. I will try hard until the end and if that isn't good enough, well then, I will just have to come back to life and try even harder. What was that thing they used to say? Success is my only option? Well, for me it is. And, I'm working hard and praying that I get something in return.

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Search This Blog