Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Not so calm before the storm

It is currently a few minutes before twelve noon on tuesday april seventh 2009. In approxiametly two and a half hours I will be taking my Power Systems Analysis and Design Test, but for now I am taking a half an hour break to eat.

I don't know if eating was such a good idea. I get the benefit of some nutrients and increased awareness during the test, however I am so nervous that it will more than likely just sit in my stomach for hours. Which, brings up a good point: No matter how hard the test is or how well I have studied for it I always stress out about it. No amount of cognitive analysis of my situation will help me find my calm. I realize that being stressed right before the test can be counter productive and doesn't even matter in the long run but you know the drill.

On the upside, I saw one of my classmates resume by mistake and felt good. I felt good because his was way worse than mine. I mean it was terrible. It wasn't written poorly or constructed incorrectly, but he has almost no real engineering expierence. And, when your trying to get a job; it is crutial. Which, makes me happy that I got my internship right before the market went bad in 2008 becuase every major engineering company is trying to cut costs by getting rid of useless jobs like interns.

But, back to the point. I have a little while left to study and I intend to do just that. The funny thing is, blogging really helps me get some of the stress off. By publishing it I get it off my chest and can move forward more easily. Now, I will never turn this into a rant blog; because no one likes those. But, it is nice to complain sometimes.

Is it supposed to snow in April?
Peace out...

No comments:

Search This Blog