Monday, April 6, 2009

The joys of owning a car

So, my car is in the shop. And that sucks, because it started out as just one thing and now its five. Here's the low down:

A few weeks ago I heard my breaks squeaking. So, I decided I would wait to bring it in to the shop until I had the money. In the mean time I went to pick up my girlfriend in my friend's car and gave him my keys. When I got back I knew there was a definite problem. So I took it into the shop this morning and asked them to asses the breaks. I called them up later and found out that they needed to repair the left caliper, both front pads, give me an inspection sticker, and a belt tensioner. However, when they further inspected they found that my 'cv' joints are bad and that they would have to be replaced. Now, I am only a poor college student trying to make it on his own. I get receive no money from anyone(unlike many of my peers who receive monthly installments from their parents!) and at this point, I am particularly low on funds. Luckily my father said that he might be able to help me out if I really need it, and that took some stress away.



In any case, I have to study for a test tomorrow in Power Systems Analysis and Design so I will let you go for now.

Another successful rant complete,
Thanks for tuning in...

No comments:

Search This Blog