Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One of those moments

I am totally having one of those moments where you just want to stop what ever it is you're doing and go do something else. In this case, it is very easy to figure out what I want to do and what I want to leave. Now, I am not trying to be a complainer. I am only telling you how I feel right now.

In another dimension there exists a version of me where I act out my desires, and this is what they are. I get up from my desk and give the office one last look. I leave my cubicle, go out into the parking lot and get in my car. Without telling anyone, I leave company property and head to my apartment. I throw all of my clothes and my computer into my trunk and I take off with my fish. I barrel down the highway at breakneck speed. Hours later I pull into my driveway at home and I go inside. I walk through the empty house, mom and dad are out around this time, and I lay down on my bed. I close my eyes and don't wake up for a whole day.

While some other version of me is doing this incredibly dumb and satisfying thing, I am sitting here working away. I am choosing the smart thing instead of the thing I really want to do. Well, this escape has allowed me to blow off some steam. Now I can be more productive.

No comments:

Search This Blog