Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mornings are terrible

I am having a really hard time with something. And that something is getting up early. I, for the life of me, cannot pry myself out of bed before 7:00 a.m. unless I absolutely need to. I don't know what it is, but sometimes I will plan on going into work early and I set the alarm for 6:00a.m. but I just hit snooze or set it to 7:00 a.m. Even when I go to bed at like 9:00 p.m. I still cannot get myself out of bed. I guess I just have to develop a habit, getting up a little earlier each morning. It would have to be by a matter of minutes each day to make the transition smooth, but eventually I would be getting up nice and early.



I know that I can develop the habit, because on weekends where I go to bed before 1:00 a.m. I can get up at 8:00 or 7:00 a.m. no problem. In fact, there was an occasion where I got up at 8:30 a.m. on a Saturday I visited my girlfriend because I couldn't get back to sleep. Needless to say she wanted to sleep in and was correspondingly upset that I was making a racket. But, I digress. My point is that I have a lot of trouble getting up early, and I am paranoid that my alarm clock won't work. I even have my parents call me at 7:00 a.m. as a back up wake up call. A bit much I know, but hearing their voices in the morning reminds me of when I was young and mom would scream up the steps or knock on the walls to get us up on weekends and mornings.

I certainly don't miss the screaming at 7:00 a.m...

No comments:

Search This Blog