Friday, June 13, 2008

A Good Morning

Was not what I experienced at 8:00am this morning...

So this morning I awoke feeling rested and ready to go. I rolled over in my bed to see what time it was because my alarm did not go off. As my eyes came into focus I gazed in disbelief. My alarm clock said that it was 8:00am. As the fact that I have to be in at work by eight met the memory of the warning I got from my boss, not to be late, I jumped out of bed yelling obscenities.

I raced for the phone and called my boss's secretary, she didn't pick up. I left a message of apology and a statement that I would be in as fast as humanly possible. Half an hour later I was driving to work thanking the good lord in heaven that its a two minute drive, when I saw a bunch of kids walking to the high school that is near Raymond Co. "Isn't it a bit late for that many kids to be walking to school," I thought to myself. "Wait a second," I said to no one in particular as I looked down at my car clock.

I couldn't believe it. It was actually 7:30am and not 8:30am. Which meant that my clock had been accidentally set ahead an hour. Oh man I was upset. I had rushed through everything, barely ironed my shirt, and didn't eat just so I could be at work a half an hour early. All that stress brought me only 30 minutes of extra work time.

When I got there I gave the secretary a call and said that it was all a misunderstanding. Man, I felt irredeemables and upset. Well at least I cot to get out of work a half an hour early.

No comments:

Search This Blog