Friday, March 28, 2008

Phi Kappa Sigma

So about almost six months ago I was asked if I wanted to join the Phi Kappa Sigma gentlemen's fraternity at Clarkson. After looking at the organization and it's members (who mainly consist of many of my friends) I decided that it was worth it. The core values of the fraternity; Honor, Respect, Responsibility, Trust, Wisdom, Integrity, and most importantly Knowledge; line up with my own moral code. What really helped me make my decision was there zero tolerance policy towards hazing. Also, they only admit goal oriented, academically minded men who they believe have good moral characters. While this is definitely a social fraternity we work harder than we play, we have to in order to maintain good gpa's. However, I believe it was a great decision and would advise any college guys who think this is right for them to do it.

I put together this video about it, enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Matt, great job! It's a full bore life isn't it!

What's with the skull and crossbones on the crest anyway? What does it mean?

Be thankful you don't have a compliance officer hovering over everything you post...it would be maddening! I know!

Uncle G

Matthewzor said...

Hey uncle gerry. Yeah, life is definitely really busy. The skull and crossbones are our symbol. We've had it since we began in 1850. I'm afraid I am not allowed to tell you what it means. Fraternity rules, sorry. But, I assure you its nothing bad. Whats a compliance officer?

Search This Blog